We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

columns in ggc

Hello, Hello, please tell me how can i add columns in the most left ( before the +/- button column) in the grid grouping control Regards Hicham,

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 10:38 AM UTC

There is no facility to add arbitary columns to the left of the +/- column. Exactly what are you trying to do? Maybe you can do what you want by using the existing row header cell in a special manner. If you explain exactly what you need, maybe we can suggest something?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 11:21 AM UTC

Please look at the image attached; I draw a grid explaining exactly what i want to do. Thanks in advance >There is no facility to add arbitary columns to the left of the +/- column. > >Exactly what are you trying to do? Maybe you can do what you want by using the existing row header cell in a special manner. If you explain exactly what you need, maybe we can suggest something?

ColumnsmostLeft.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

I do not know how you might do this in a GridGroupingControl. But I will ask around to see if anyone has any ideas on how this might be done. You can do something like this with a GridDataBoundGrid. Take a look at the self-referencing sample in this sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TreeHelperVB sample_64a4ee80.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 01:48 PM UTC

The GridGroupingControl is hard coded with teh +/- column. One potential way to get this look is to dock a virtual GridControl to the left of the GridGroupingCOntrol. In QueryCellInfo on that gridcontrol, get the row index and then check groupingGrid.Table.DisplayElements[rowIndex] to get the element that is displayed in the grouping grid next to it. Then based on this element in the groupinggrid, set the e.Style properties for the particular cell in the gridcontrol.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon