We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

syncfusion.core & System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap

I''m backkkkkkk! Hey I was hoping someone could explain a couple of things to me. We never updated to 3.2 of the grid because we had to get our app out before your 3.2 was good to go. So we are running 3.1.1.0. I noticed in an app that was started probably under version 2 of your grid or even 1.6 that it doesn’t have the syncfusion.core or the System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap reference. Now this application as I said has since been updated to 3110. What I noticed in creating a new app with your grid is that it adds these 2 references. Can you tell me what they are and why they are needed? I cant seem to figure out why our original first grid app doesn’t seem to need them under 3110 but all new apps its puts them in. I even went back to our old app and added a new grid and it didn’t add them. Now if I deleted all your references from that same project and then added a grid then I get these 2 new references. I''m just trying to understand what they do and why they are needed. Thanks Phil

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 02:19 PM UTC

The core DLL is being pulled in as part of our licensing architecture which changed in 3.2. When an unlicensed project has a Syncfusion control added, a new instance of a object in core is instanciated, and this is why this DLL is being pulled in. I assume your existing projects are already licensed and I think that would explain why core is not being added to them. As far as the soap DLL, I am not sure on that. It may very well be part of the licensing too. I will have to ask around about that.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 02:43 PM UTC

So you said this was new in 3.2. We are only using 3110. Did that also have this new way of handling things?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 03:12 PM UTC

The reason I''m asking all this is we are developing a new app and trying to install it and we keep getting the following error. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name EnvDTE or one of its dependencies was not found. File name: "EnvDTE" at Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.Fusion.LicenseProvider.GetDevLicense........... I have more if you need it. Now at one time I had 3.2 and was testing to see if things had been fixed in your new version. They werent so I used assembly manager to switch back to 3110. In my GAC now I notice I have 3110 and 3.200.1.1 and 3.201.1.1 files. All of my references in the new app point to 3110. So i cant figure out whats going on or if its somehow pointing at something new. We''ve never had to add this envdte reference before. Any ideas?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 03:17 PM UTC

3.1.1.0 is dated 2/17/05. License code changes were checked source safe prior to that build. Here is some more feedback on the soap dlls. The grid has references to the Soap Dlls for its GridModel.LoadSoap / SaveSoap methods. These dlls will only get loaded on demand at the time you call these methods no matter if the soap dll is referenced in your app or not. When you drag a grid into a new app the Visual Studio Environment will automatically add all those references to your application that the grid assembly has. But you can simply delete the references to these Soap dlls from your project. You don’t need them.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 03:28 PM UTC

Ok. Thanks for clearing up the soap question. I had put the reason why i was asking this question but I think you must of answered before you saw my last post. So in my last post I added the error message I was getting that made me ask this question. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

This exception is being raised on the deployment system, correct? If so, here are a couple of things to check. 1) Make sure the licx file is included in the project as an embedded resource. Also, make sure the licx file has a single syncfusion entry that is just: Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core 2) When you run the project from within VS, check the output window to verify the version of the syncfusion DLLs that you expect to see are in fact being loaded. And also check to see that these are the versions you are including in your deployment. If you are taking the time to update, you may want to consider moving to a more recent version, say 3.3.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 05:00 PM UTC

Thanks clay. That was it. I hadnt put a new grid on in awhile and my license file was not checked out so it couldnt add that entry you gave me. Thanks again Phil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon