We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Patch 3.3.0.20 breaking compatibility in Chart

Hi, Could someone from Syncfusion please comment on why patch 3.3.0.20 breaks backward compatibility by renaming the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartLegendPosition enumeration to ChartDock? This seems like a very unnecessary change, and makes it extremely difficult for me to upgrade, as I need to upgrade all my teams at once rather than using one team as a guinea pig until I''m satisfied with the release. Regards, Sue

1 Reply

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 03:05 PM UTC

Hi Sue, We regret for the inconevenience caused. The ChartLegendPosition was changed to ChartDock as we added support for embedding any control within the Chart on a similar footing to the legend. All of the embedded controls can now be docked on any side of the ChartArea. Since all of these controls need to share the same type of setting for their positioning, it became necessary to change the ChartLegendPosition to ChartDock. Thanks and regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon