We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Selection

I am using a GridGroupingControl and I want to be able to select a column. It seems as though by default I have to hold down ctrl and click in order to select a column, is there a way to have the user click the header cell and the entire column highlight without having to hold down ctrl? The second question is how do I know which column/s were selected? The final part of my question is how do I unselect the row if a column is selected?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 12:28 AM UTC

The GridGroupingControl has two different selection architectures. One is inherited from GridControlBase and has no knowledge of the special features of the grid like grouping and nested tables. The second one is a record selection support designed particular for GridGroupingControl. To use the special record selection support, you set: grid.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.None; grid.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; //or MultiSimple or One but not None. To use the selection support inherited from GridControlBase, you set: grid.TableOptions.AllowSelections = GridSelectionFlags.Any; //something other than None But neither of these selection techniques will allow you to select columns. But you can handle teh TableControlCellClick event and do the selections there. Here is a little sample that selects columns when you click the header and allow them to remain selected until you click them a second time. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_CompareData_d2e886a8.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon