We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupDropPanel

Does anyone know how to change the icons/controls that are put into the GroupDropPanel when a column heading is dropped there?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 29, 2005 09:21 AM UTC

The drop area is actually a GridControlBase object. So, you can use the grid''s drawing events to affect the look of the cells. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DateGrouping_fbde7e45.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 07:00 PM UTC

Is there an example that adds filter type controls to the cells in the group drop panel?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 07:57 PM UTC

No, I do not know of such a sample. The default filter cells in a GridGroupingControl go under the header row which is not part of the drop panel. What kind of filter control do you want on the droppanel? When you group by a column, do you then want to be able to click something on the header which would allow you to filter that column? Or did you have something else in mind? Right now, clicking on the grouped header sorts the column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 09:01 PM UTC

See the attached picture where the grid goes from not being grouped to being grouped by the fields school and sport. A user would then be able to filter the grid by either checking or unchecking the names within the GroupDropPanel Thanks

example1.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2005 09:58 PM UTC

I have no sample for this. I expect it is doable, but would take non-trivial work to get it done. The first step would be designing a custom celltype that would display a listcheckbox a grid cell. We ship a sample that shows a dropdown checklistbox which might be easier to use (\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample) if you are willing to use a drop listcheckbox. It would take some work to hook up the functionality of filtering based on the checks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon