We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Problem with ComboBox CellType

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

37603 Nov 28,2005 03:32 AM UTC Nov 28,2005 08:28 PM UTC Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On November 28, 2005 03:32 AM UTC

I have three cells with ‘Combobox” as their celltype in GDBG. I am using the following code for the combobox. Please see the code in attached file. Problem: If I don’t click on any cell on Column #1 and Column #2, then my Dropdown on column #3 works with no problem. But If I click on any cell of Column # 1 OR Column #2 first (basically click on dropdown list) then click on any cell of Column #3 I get the following error message. Type: System.NullReferenceException Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack Trace: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellModel.GetItemValue(Object dataSource, String valueMember, Object item) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.SynchronizeDisplayText(Int32 index) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.ListBoxMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxListBoxPart.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxListBoxPart.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) Please provide some help. thanks,

combobox0.zip

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 28, 2005 04:26 AM UTC

Hi VS, Can you modify this sample to show up the behavior? or can you upload your sample, we will try debugging it here. Best regards, Stanley

Replied On November 28, 2005 05:00 PM UTC

I didn’t need to modify anything on my side. I am running 3.0.1.1. Steps to reproduce: 1. Run the application 2. Select something from combobox from column 1 or Column2 3. Try to select something from column 3 4. Get the attached error Please do help.

screen2.zip

Replied On November 28, 2005 05:37 PM UTC

If you want to use both DataSource and ChoiceList comboboxes in the same grid, try registering a second combobox celltype. Here is the sample back modified to do this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Forum_37603_e9adc5d5.zip

Replied On November 28, 2005 08:28 PM UTC

Thanks Clay.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;