We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

click as doubleclick

Can anyone tell me how to make a datagrid think I doubleclicked a cell when I actually single clicked? I assume I would do a raiseevent but I can''t figure it out. I am trying impliment a search feature on a datagrid where the user can type letters on a keyboard and the grid jumps to the selected item in a presorted column. The keypress event only seems to fire after a double click but not a single click. Thanks

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 07:27 PM UTC

There is a method you can all, but I am not sure that is what you need though. gridControl1.RaiseCellDoubleClick Is the problem when you click into a cell, a particular KeyPress event is not being raised, but when you double click it, the event is raised? If so, you might try various settings of the grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior. Maybe setting it to GridCellActivateAction.ClickOnCell will make teh click activate the cell like a double click does now.

MI Mike November 25, 2005 01:49 AM UTC

I am using a datagrid, I do not see a RaiseCellDoubleClick method anywhere. If I click on the datagrid header then press a key, the onkeypress event is raised. If I single click in a cell then press a key, the onkeypress event is not raised. If I double click on a cell, then it is raised. BTW, I am using a derived datagrid to override the onmousedown event to select the entire row instead of a single cell. I suspect however something is still going on behind the scenes to move the focus from the datagrid to the textbox cell. My grid is readonly so I don''t need to worry about editing text in the cells. >There is a method you can all, but I am not sure that is what you need though. > >gridControl1.RaiseCellDoubleClick > > >Is the problem when you click into a cell, a particular KeyPress event is not being raised, but when you double click it, the event is raised? If so, you might try various settings of the grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior. Maybe setting it to GridCellActivateAction.ClickOnCell will make teh click activate the cell like a double click does now.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 25, 2005 02:40 AM UTC

If by datagrid, you mean GridDataBoundGrid, then there should be a RaiseCellDoubleClick method in version 3.3 of our libraries. Are you using some other version? If you mean a System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid, then this forum is for support of the grids that are included in Essential Grid.

MI Mike November 25, 2005 07:41 PM UTC

What I wanted was in the FAQ 5.40 When I Left clicked, it entered the cell text box. Thus the datagrid keypress would not fire because I wasn''t in the datagrid, I was in a cell''s textbox. Problem solved.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon