We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docked GroupView

I have a GroupView that is docked to the left edge of my SDI style application. The right side of the view is a calendar. I can tab from the calendar to the GroupView and the dock header indicates that it is focused. What I'd like to know is how can I force the focus to then move to the first item in the group view? Ideally the arrow keys would allow me to move amongst the items in the groupview. Any thoughts? I'd like the user to be able to do as much as possible without the mouse and this is one that I haven't been able to overcome. Regards, Sean

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team April 7, 2003 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Sean, Are you using an older version of Essential Tools? Starting with v 1.5.1.6 of Essential Tools, both the GroupBar and GroupView controls have full support for keyboard navigation. Once the control has the focus, if the GroupView is in the ButtonView mode, then you should be able to navigate the GroupViewItems using the arrow keys. Non-ButtonView modes of the GroupView control do not have a selected state and do not support this notion. I just verified this condition with a docked GroupView in a small sample, and it works as expected. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon