We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG + ArrayList of custom objects

Hi, I''m using a GDBG to display a collection (ArrayList) of custom objects. Works nicely up to now, but now I need to be able to add new objects to the collection. I ensured that EnableAddNew is true but in the description, it says "if the undelying datasource supports it". So my only guess is that the grid doesn''t know how to create my object. Am I right? If so how can I fix this?

2 Replies

MC Martin Cyr November 18, 2005 08:17 PM UTC

I just read the Urgent please do help thread (http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=37176) and it looks like what I want. Clay said that the collection should implement IBinding.AddNew but is there a collection that already implement this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 11:51 PM UTC

You can use a DataTable instead of an ArrayList if all you want is to add new items at the bottom of the list. The grid will then know how to add the new item. If the Datatable is too heavy, then you will likely have to implement IBindingList on your ArrayList.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon