We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Name of a GridBoundColumn

Hi, How do I get column name of a GridBoundColumn in prepareviewstyleinfo event? This name is the name of column not the mapping name. VS

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 01:33 AM UTC

Try: int field = grid.Binder.ColIndexToField(e.ColIndex); string name = grid.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; If you did not add GridBoundColumns, then use grid.Binder.InternalColumns instead of grid.GridBoundColumns.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 06:42 AM UTC

I have to use grid.Binder.InternalColumns but it is not working. I am dispalying rows in parent-child view. # columns in parent datatable doesn''t match with #columns in child datatable. whenever i use grid.Binder.InternalColumns, it always give me columns from parent datatable. somehow i need the internalcolumns from child mapping. Please help!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 10:07 AM UTC

For a hierarchical grid, you need to access the hierarchylevel to get the proper information. See this forum thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=27227

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon