We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Formatting and Type problem

I am using the Essential Studio v3.2.1.0 Grid in unbound mode. As I load data into the grid I am setting cell specific formatting and Type requirements as follows: Dim CellInfo As GridStyleInfo = Me.gridData.Item(RowIndex, ColIndex) CellInfo.Format = "#0.00%" CellInfo.CellValueType = GetType(Single) CellInfo.CellValue = .181 The grid properly displays "18.10%", the CellValue is .181, and CellValueType is Single. When the user edits the value and changes it to for example "18.40%" I receive the following exception: A first chance exception of type ''System.Exception'' occurred in system.dll Additional information: 18.4% is not a valid value for Single. If I do not set the CellValueType property to Single the user can successfully edit the cell, but the CellValueType changes from Single to String and the CellValue is the string "18.40%" not .184. Tracing the events I was able to determine this Type conversion occurs between the CurrentCellChanged event (the underlying Type was still Single during this event) and the CurrentCellEditingComplete (the underlying Type is a String during this event). The Type conversion to a String causes problems when I save data back to my objects and/or the database. The requirement is to display "18.4%" but store and persist to the database .184. Thank you for any suggestions. Ron Pisarz, Jr.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 17, 2005 11:22 PM UTC

One way you can handle this is to strip out the % in CurrentCellValidating (if it is there). Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_PC_6b91eaf5.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon