We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can I react to a Fn keypress at the form level ?

I have implemented your answer "7.6 How can I listen for certain keys at the Form level irrespective of which Control has the focus?". Some keys are going to my code, but not all : the Fn keys, or a letter corresponding to a button shortcut do not go thru this routine. What can I do ? Thank you.

2 Replies

GT Gilbert Tordeur November 17, 2005 10:47 AM UTC

Use KeyDown instead of KeyPress. >I have implemented your answer "7.6 How can I listen for certain keys at the Form level irrespective of which Control has the focus?". Some keys are going to my code, but not all : the Fn keys, or a letter corresponding to a button shortcut do not go thru this routine. What can I do ? Thank you.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2005 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Some other way using Win API declare fun like this [DllImport("User32.dll")] private static extern short GetAsyncKeyState( System.Int32 vKey); then u can use this code in timerelasped or inside a thread foreach(System.Int32 i in Enum.GetValues(typeof(Keys))){ if(GetAsyncKeyState(i) == -32767 && ActiveForm.Text=="") { MessageBox.Show(Enum.GetName(typeof(Keys), i)); } } this wil chk the key state.better place it in infinite loop. If u omit form.text check it will respond to the keypresses in other applns too.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon