We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SplashPanel BackgroundImage

How does one get this image to appear? I set the property to a bitmap, but it doesn't show up. Thanks!

3 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 4, 2003 03:17 PM UTC

Hi, The BackgroundColor property overrides the BackColor and BackgroundImage property of the SplashPanel. To show a image as the background, place a PictureBox control on the SplashPanel. The attached example also sets the DockStyle of the PictureBox to Fill so that the PictureBox takes up the entire SplashPanel. Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, Davis

IP Ivan Pelly April 16, 2003 06:29 PM UTC

Thanks. I placed a picturebox on the splashpanel, which works to display an image. However, the speed at which the image is displayed is a problem. I have a reasonably fast machine, but when I show the splashscreen (not animated - I just show it centered on the screen), first I see the border, then I see the border partially filled with gray, then the image appears. Granted, all this happens pretty quickly, but it doesn't have a particularly snappy, professional look. The image is about 300x400. Any way to speed this up, or delay displaying the panel until it's ready to display in its entirety? Thanks!

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 17, 2003 12:23 PM UTC

Hi, We are currently working on improving the painting in the SplashPanel and the revised/improved version which addresses your concerns should be included in the next version. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon