We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Removing posts

Why is Syncfusion removing posts? An entire thread was removed regarding stability of their product. I recently asked for more stability in their product and VS 2005 support rather than new features. This seems to have been removed also.

13 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 16, 2005 02:41 AM UTC

Hi Ken, We only remove posts that contain abuse, ads or are posted with no email address (anonymous). Best regards, Daniel >Why is Syncfusion removing posts? An entire thread was removed regarding stability of their product. > >I recently asked for more stability in their product and VS 2005 support rather than new features. This seems to have been removed also.

NE Ne November 16, 2005 08:21 PM UTC

There was an entire thread that contained multiple posts from many people regarding stability of your latest release. Most of these were not anonymous. Is that thread still here or was it removed ?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 11:20 PM UTC

Ken, Looking at the logs that thread was deleted because it had become (some posts) a Syncfusion bashing thread with no real purpose - no details were provided, no support concerns were raised etc. We responded to all legitimate concerns but kept getting anonymous posts that were simply bashing our products with no details whatsoever. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 19, 2005 09:31 AM UTC

Daniel, Maybe you have to ask you why people write such posts. I won''t repeat the content, but not all of them are only completly false. You have to meet many demands and it''s not an easy job, I understand. But it''s not a good sign when customers write such posts. If your are shure that these contents are not true, why do you delete the posts? Regards Thomas

NE Ne November 19, 2005 09:50 AM UTC

The threads dealth with legitimate concerns, that your customers have with the stability and reliability of your product. As a customer, it concerns me greatly that you seem to emphasize adding new features over making you products more stable. I''m concerned about promised release dates that slip for months. I''m concerned about releasing my products with your code in it. These issues are issues that many others have addressed. However, you seem to be deleting these valuable threads.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 19, 2005 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, We definitely appreciate folks posting about problems that they have experienced with any of our products. We work very hard to make sure that each of these is addressed. Multiple engineers work on supporting each forum and I sincerely believe we have one of the most responsive online support teams in the component market. Also, I believe that of the component vendors, we are the only one to publish our complete bug list live on our website. The idea is definitely not to hide any problem reports. The problem is when legitimate threads get hijacked by anonymous posts (some threads become a magnet for such posts). The content of these anonymous posts is often "syncfusion is not good, look at xyz". We are left with no option but to remove such threads. This does not happen often but once in a while we do have to do this. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >Daniel, > >Maybe you have to ask you why people write such posts. I won''t repeat the content, but not all of them are only completly false. You have to meet many demands and it''s not an easy job, I understand. But it''s not a good sign when customers write such posts. If your are shure that these contents are not true, why do you delete the posts? > >Regards >Thomas

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 19, 2005 11:29 AM UTC

Ken, We respond to all problem reports on this forum (and the product specific forums). I disagree that we add features in preference to fixing bugs. Each product has its own set of priorities. Newer products such as chart, diagram, pdf etc., add more features. With the older products we add new features but at the same time focus on supporting thousands of existing customers. No support request or bug report is ignored. We do need to prioritize but everything is logged and fixed. We have improved our ability to meet dates considerably. 3.3 was delayed but not by a long time. Version 4 will be close to the projected release date. With components it is very hard to hit dates 100% but we try very hard to get close. Best regards, Daniel >The threads dealth with legitimate concerns, that your customers have with the stability and reliability of your product. >As a customer, it concerns me greatly that you seem to emphasize adding new features over making you products more stable. >I''m concerned about promised release dates that slip for months. >I''m concerned about releasing my products with your code in it. >These issues are issues that many others have addressed. However, you seem to be deleting these valuable threads.

NE Ne November 26, 2005 09:12 PM UTC

I disagree. I have seen over and over on this forum, people complaining about you adding features rather than moving towards stabalization of what you have. People are crying out for that like I am. I need components that I can ship, I need 2.0 components that are ready to go and stable. How about listening more to what your customers what ?

PB Philip Bishop November 30, 2005 09:21 PM UTC

I haven’t been our here in months since the release of our first GRID application. Now I’m working on an upgrade to that and upgrades to older apps with no grids. In reading this post I have to agree with Ken 100%. I would much rather see a stable product then I would new features. The issues I''ve had in the past are what scare me so much about an upgrade. One example...You tell me something is fixed and give me a patch and it’s fixed. Then you say now get the newest version when it comes out. New version comes out and it’s no longer fixed and it’s messed up more then the original problem almost like it was never tested. Then i am stuck with this patch version. I understand you have to add new things to keep up with demand of xyz company and customers requests. I can see those being more implemented in a v3 to v4 release and not in 3110,3111,3210,3211 and so on. I love your product but upgrades scare me to death. That’s why I''m still stuck at the 3110 patch you gave me because of the HUGE changed you decided to make in 3.2. That’s my second example. From day one we had some issues with the nullstring field in currency cells. Turns out you told us we were doing something wrong and to correct it. That worked great all the way up to v3.2. In v3.2 you then say well now we are going back to how it was back in v2 something and you are going to have to change things back. I still don’t understand that one. That then takes me a month to change everything and another month at least to re-test. I love your product, I do. You can’t beat the response time in the forum anywhere. All I ask is for the most stable product you can put out with less new features in minor releases. Thanks Phil

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 3, 2005 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Phil, Welcome back! We will definitely work with you to ensure that 4.x meets your needs. Best regards, Daniel >I haven’t been our here in months since the release of our first GRID application. Now I’m working on an upgrade to that and upgrades to older apps with no grids. In reading this post I have to agree with Ken 100%. I would much rather see a stable product then I would new features. The issues I''ve had in the past are what scare me so much about an upgrade. One example...You tell me something is fixed and give me a patch and it’s fixed. Then you say now get the newest version when it comes out. New version comes out and it’s no longer fixed and it’s messed up more then the original problem almost like it was never tested. Then i am stuck with this patch version. I understand you have to add new things to keep up with demand of xyz company and customers requests. I can see those being more implemented in a v3 to v4 release and not in 3110,3111,3210,3211 and so on. I love your product but upgrades scare me to death. That’s why I''m still stuck at the 3110 patch you gave me because of the HUGE changed you decided to make in 3.2. That’s my second example. From day one we had some issues with the nullstring field in currency cells. Turns out you told us we were doing something wrong and to correct it. That worked great all the way up to v3.2. In v3.2 you then say well now we are going back to how it was back in v2 something and you are going to have to change things back. I still don’t understand that one. That then takes me a month to change everything and another month at least to re-test. I love your product, I do. You can’t beat the response time in the forum anywhere. All I ask is for the most stable product you can put out with less new features in minor releases. > >Thanks >Phil >

HP Holger Persch December 5, 2005 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, Are you sure? Davis has promised to send me a patch at November 11, 2005 - but until now I got NOTHING!!! I know I had to remind him about the patch, but due to the experiences in the past I was anxious to see if Syncfusion stands for its promises. Unfortunately is was disappointed. Regards, Holger

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Holger, We have had several private service packs since November 11th. I have asked Davis to check on this and respond to you. Best regards, Daniel >Hi Daniel, > >Are you sure? > >Davis has promised to send me a patch at November 11, 2005 - but until now I got NOTHING!!! > >I know I had to remind him about the patch, but due to the experiences in the past I was anxious to see if Syncfusion stands for its promises. Unfortunately is was disappointed. > >Regards, >Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Holger, I regret for not informing you about the patch released around November 11, 2005. Your issues were taken into account for the patch, but I seem to have missed you in the list of customers to update. I will refresh the status of your particular issues and send you an email before the end of the day. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis >Hi Daniel, > >Are you sure? > >Davis has promised to send me a patch at November 11, 2005 - but until now I got NOTHING!!! > >I know I had to remind him about the patch, but due to the experiences in the past I was anxious to see if Syncfusion stands for its promises. Unfortunately is was disappointed. > >Regards, >Holger

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon