We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Skinning with DirectSkin

Hello Syncfusion. I tried to use the DirectSkin.ocx form Stardocks to skin our Application witch based on Syncfusion Tools. There i have some problems. For analyse this i tried to do the same on your XPMenus_Tutorial demo project. And there is the same effect : I added the ocx to the MdiMainForm and the following to the constructor of MdiMainForm : axWbocx1.LoadUIS("MacPC\\MacPC.uis"); axWbocx1.InitWB(); axWbocx1.UxThemeEmulation(true); axWbocx1.DoWindow(this.Handle.ToInt32()); After this it''s not possible to get any PopupMenu from the Toolbars. Is this a known effect?Is their any simple way to solve this? Thanks for your help. HK ;-)

2 Replies

HK HK November 15, 2005 11:48 AM UTC

Once Again HK : when i do the same like my first message in your SDIDemo_2003 demo, the pin - Button is not painted any longer (see Attachment).

Missing_Button.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 11:52 AM UTC

Hi HK, there seems to be an issue with DirectSkin not handling popup windows the way it is expected. For some reason calls to the SetWindowPos method combined with certain ControlStyles settings applied to the popup window don''t give the desired result. All our menus, popup windows etc. rely on these calls to SetWindowPos and ControlStyles settings, so they all all break with DirectSkin. We were actually contacted by DirectSkin a couple weeks back because another customer had the same issue and we forwarded them details about the problem. You should also check with them. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon