We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Lost runtime ability to use ''Group Drop Area''

I''ve only been working with your control for a little over a week and I seem to have lost the ability to group by or move columns at runtime. Are there any settings I have missed or a property I have changed that could be causing this? I''ve included a project with just the control on a form so you can see everything I have changed. Also, I have tried using the following line to hide the DateRange column, but it has no affect: this.gcEmailGrouping.TableModel.HideCols["DateRange"] = true; Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GridGroupingControlTest.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 11:00 PM UTC

I think the reason you cann drag the columns is this preoperty setting you have: this.gcEmailGrouping.TableOptions.AllowDragColumns = false; What version of our library are you useing? Your code: this.gcEmailGrouping.TableModel.HideCols["DateRange"] = true; is working for me with version 3.3. The daterange column does not show up when I run your sample. Another way you can hide a column is to call: this.gcEmailGrouping..TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns.Remove("DateRange);

GP Greg Patterson November 15, 2005 01:01 PM UTC

Thanks Clay for the quick response... it was the AllowDragColumn property and I can''t believe I missed it. I have been using the VisibleColumns.Remove method in the constructor for the control because I couldn''t get the TableModle.HideCols to work. I think that''s why "DateRange" wasn''t showing up for you in the sample. The end results are similar, but I would prefer to leave the column in the VisibleColumns collection if possible. I''m also using version 3.3. Thanks again for the great support.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 01:27 PM UTC

Try setting this.gcEmailGrouping.TableDescriptor.Columns["DateRange"].Width = 0;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon