We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Algebra supported in Expressions/Filtering

I need to do a <> or != operation, what is the most effecient way to accomplish this in the grouping grid? Thanks in advance

12 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 06:44 PM UTC

In the Essential Grouping User Guide, there is a page on this topic, Algebra supported in Expressions/Filtering. Using an expressing like "[col1] <> 18" would be the simplest way to check if column "col1" was not the integer 18 in a filter. The parsing is only done once per column.

ST StephenH November 14, 2005 07:18 PM UTC

The manual did not have <> or != in it so I wondered. >In the Essential Grouping User Guide, there is a page on this topic, Algebra supported in Expressions/Filtering. Using an expressing like > >"[col1] <> 18" would be the simplest way to check if column "col1" was not the integer 18 in a filter. The parsing is only done once per column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 07:31 PM UTC

<> not being listed there is an oversight that we will correct.

ST StephenH November 14, 2005 10:56 PM UTC

Is there a reason this would not work ? GridConditionalFormatDescriptor fd = new GridConditionalFormatDescriptor("colstocompare"); fd.Expression = "[col1] <> [col2]"; fd.Appearance.AnyCell.BackColor = Color.Red; fd.Appearance.AnyCell.TextColor = Color.Yellow; grd.TableDescriptor.ConditionalFormats.Add(fd); ><> not being listed there is an oversight that we will correct.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 11:12 PM UTC

If these are string columns, then you would have to use the LIKE operator, and since there is no NOT operator currently, you would test the expression = 0 to test for not equal. fd.Expression = "([col1] LIKE [col2]) = 0";

ST StephenH November 14, 2005 11:21 PM UTC

THANKS, that did it :) >If these are string columns, then you would have to use the LIKE operator, and since there is no NOT operator currently, you would test the expression = 0 to test for not equal. > >fd.Expression = "([col1] LIKE [col2]) = 0"; >

VI vijay.sagar December 14, 2005 01:06 PM UTC

Could you please point me to the page on Algebra supported in Expressions/Filtering in your user guide. I am looking at http://www.syncfusion.com/library/ I can''t find it. Thanks for your help Vijay >In the Essential Grouping User Guide, there is a page on this topic, Algebra supported in Expressions/Filtering. Using an expressing like > >"[col1] <> 18" would be the simplest way to check if column "col1" was not the integer 18 in a filter. The parsing is only done once per column.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 01:21 PM UTC

Look under the Essential Grouping User Guide. There is a page entitled "Algebra Supported in Expressions/Filters" there.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 01:27 PM UTC

After pulling up http://www.syncfusion.com/library/, click these nodes to open them and you should see this page listed. Essential Studio Essential Grouping Base Under Base will be the topic.

VI vijay.sagar December 14, 2005 01:32 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. I did not find a answer to what I was looking for in the guide; Perhaps you can help: I need to do a filter such as: NOT LIKE ''*TEST*'' to find all rows which do not contain the "TEST" string. I tried the above expression and it doesn''t work. Is there any other way? Thanks Vijay >Look under the Essential Grouping User Guide. There is a page entitled "Algebra Supported in Expressions/Filters" there.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 01:46 PM UTC

Try something like: ( [Col1] LIKE ''*TEST*'' ) = 0

VI vijay.sagar December 14, 2005 02:34 PM UTC

Thanks, It works Vijay >Try something like: > >( [Col1] LIKE ''*TEST*'' ) = 0 > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon