We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelRW: Formatting borders for a range of cells

Hi, I''m having some problems formatting a whole range with only the outter borders... I guess I''m missing some very basic concept. Basically, what I''m doing is this, for example: Dim mR As Syncfusion.ExcelRW.IRange mR = sheet.Range(2, 2, 10, 10) mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeBottom).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeTop).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeLeft).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeRight).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin This is setting the borders for every cell in my range, but I only want to set the box-like borders for my whole range, or just the columns borders, etc. What am I missing? Thank you very much Roberto

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Roberto, I herewith attach a workaround: bordersetting.zip Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >Hi, > >I''m having some problems formatting a whole range with only the outter borders... I guess I''m missing some very basic concept. > >Basically, what I''m doing is this, for example: > >Dim mR As Syncfusion.ExcelRW.IRange > >mR = sheet.Range(2, 2, 10, 10) > >mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeBottom).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin >mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeTop).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin >mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeLeft).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin >mR.Borders.Item(ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeRight).LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin > >This is setting the borders for every cell in my range, but I only want to set the box-like borders for my whole range, or just the columns borders, etc. > >What am I missing? > >Thank you very much > > Roberto

RO Roberto Obispo November 15, 2005 02:14 PM UTC

Thank you very much, that works perfectly. Roberto Obispo

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon