We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Deriving from GridControl

Hello, I have a control derived form GridControl. I wish to add some additional functionality like displaying status and error strings above the header row. I can make it easy if I double the header row and configure the 0 row to be an error row. But it becomes confusing to work with this derived grid as the row indexes does not match anymore to the visible ones. If you want to change the [1,1] cell you have to request [2,1]. This makes the error and status displaying functionality not transparent. Unfortunately this a requirement. I wander is there a chanse to set a clip rectangle to the base grid and force it to draw itself not in the whole client rectangle, but in a part of it? Regards, Gerogi

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 03:51 PM UTC

Here is a link to a sample that adds a summary row to a grid by slipping a second one-row grid under the main grid (and in its client area). Checkout the SiteSummaryRow method in the GridSummaryRow.cs file. It shows how to shrink up the main grid to free up space (one-row height) for the second grid in the main grid''s client area. You could do something similar to move your gridcontrol down 1 row to have space above the grid in its client area. http://64.78.18.34/support/attachments/SummaryRowSample.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon