We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

IF: string can''t be empty

I''m trying to use the IF statement such as sheet.Range[row, 7].Formula = "IF(AND(D16+E16>0, F16>0),1 - ((D16+E16) / F16),0)"; but keep getting a "formula string can''t be empty" error. Any idea why? i''ve tried it with 3.2.1 and 3.3. thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 12, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

Also I''m getting an error with just sheet.Range[row, 7].Formula = "1 - ((D16+E16) / F16)" ???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 04:19 AM UTC

Hi Colin, I was able to see the problem and have filed a bug report with the development team. You can track the status of this issue here. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1037 Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >Also I''m getting an error with just >sheet.Range[row, 7].Formula = "1 - ((D16+E16) / F16)" ???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Colin, We don''t support spaces inside formulas. After removing unnecessary spaces all formulas were parsed without any problems. Try removing spaces inside the formulas. It works fine. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >Hi Colin, > >I was able to see the problem and have filed a bug report with the development team. You can track the status of this issue here. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1037 > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. > >Best Regards, >Seetha > > >>Also I''m getting an error with just >>sheet.Range[row, 7].Formula = "1 - ((D16+E16) / F16)" ???

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon