We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Done loading

OK, I have searched the forums and have not found a solution to a SIMPLE problem. All I want to do is know when the grid is done loading the data, that''s it. Something as simple as this should not be rocket science or have us coding in events that have NOTHING to do with data and data loading to accomplish this. So.... I ask as it appears that MANY others have, how do I know, what event can I use, what property can I inspect to find out when the grid is done loading the data into it?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2005 02:22 PM UTC

What kind of grid are you using? What are you doing to populate this grid? Certain grids never load any data, while other grid require that you put physically put data into every cell.

ST StephenH November 11, 2005 09:30 PM UTC

>What kind of grid are you using? What are you doing to populate this grid? > I am setting the ControlDataSource property to a dataset >Certain grids never load any data, while other grid require that you put physically put data into every cell.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 11, 2005 10:34 PM UTC

Exactly what windows forms grid class are you using? Of the 3 grids we ship (GridControl, GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl), none of tem has a property named ControlDataSource.

ST StephenH November 12, 2005 12:54 PM UTC

GridGroupingControl. Why would it matter? I would expect that all of them would have a similar if not exactly the same interface. >Exactly what windows forms grid class are you using? Of the 3 grids we ship (GridControl, GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl), none of tem has a property named ControlDataSource.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 08:48 AM UTC

It matters. In a GridGroupingControl, it is the grid.CategorizedRecords event that is raised right after the GroupingEngine has iterated through all records and grouped/categorized them. No other other of our grid does this grouping/categorizing processing, so no other grid has such an event. In your initialization code you can force loading data by calling grid.Update or access any of its records, e.g. groupingGrid.Table.Records.Count. Loading data in a GridGroupingCOntrol is done “lazy”. That means the engine will only load the data only once it is really needed. But calling above method will trigger the loading and you can be certain that once the above method call returns the data have been loaded.

ST StephenH November 14, 2005 06:14 PM UTC

Thanks, that seems to have worked in this instance, hopefully it will work for all future needs too. >It matters. In a GridGroupingControl, it is the grid.CategorizedRecords event that is raised right after the GroupingEngine has iterated through all records and grouped/categorized them. No other other of our grid does this grouping/categorizing processing, so no other grid has such an event. > >In your initialization code you can force loading data by calling grid.Update or access any of its records, e.g. groupingGrid.Table.Records.Count. > >Loading data in a GridGroupingCOntrol is done “lazy”. That means the engine will only load the data only once it is really needed. But calling above method will trigger the loading and you can be certain that once the above method call returns the data have been loaded. > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon