We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBG with two ComboBox

Hi When I using two comboxbox in GDBG has parent-child relationship between that. the code is following _GCS_OB_ORDERDETAILS.COL_ADCLASS.StyleInfo.ValueMember = "ADType-ADClass.CLASSNAME"; _GCS_OB_ORDERDETAILS.COL_ADCLASS.StyleInfo.DisplayMember = "ADType-ADClass.CLASSNAME"; In the Grid the combobox shows normally, but the cell shows "DataRowView" in the cell , when double click the cell, it can show normally as DisplayMember setting can you help me solve this problem?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2005 02:10 PM UTC

What are you setting the _GCS_OB_ORDERDETAILS.COL_ADCLASS.StyleInfo.DataSource to be? Did you try just setting the DisplayMember and ValueMember to "ClassName"?

KL Ken Lee November 9, 2005 02:26 PM UTC

Hi, _GCS_OB_ORDERDETAILS.COL_ADCLASS.StyleInfo.DataSource is the parent datatable and "ADType-ADClass" is the name of datarelation for the parent datatable. I try the "ClassName" for DisplayMember, the dropdown list show "DataRowView" Thanks reply >What are you setting the _GCS_OB_ORDERDETAILS.COL_ADCLASS.StyleInfo.DataSource to be? > >Did you try just setting the DisplayMember and ValueMember to "ClassName"? > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2005 03:01 PM UTC

The grid will not be able to use a relation as the datasource of a combobox cell in this manner. You can do it by dynamically setting a filter in CurrentCellShowingDropDown. Where is the parent item being set that determines what should be dropped as the child list? Is it set as another value in the same grid row (so the droplists vary form row to row)? Or, is it set outside the grid, so the same droplist is used for every cell? If you explain how the child is being determined, I can try to upload a sample showing how you can try to get it working.

KL Ken Lee November 9, 2005 03:44 PM UTC

Hi, in this case, one cell value depends on the other cell value, but I have three more cell dependency, how can I control these cells can follow the replations as need. Or you can upload the sample code to me, Thanks in advance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2005 04:06 PM UTC

Here is a sample where setting the parentID value determines the dropdownlist for the childID column. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RelationInComboBox_f7bd1e6b.zip

KL Ken Lee November 10, 2005 07:07 AM UTC

Thanks Clay Burch. The sample had solved my problem. Is there GBGD support datasource of individual combobox has parent-child relations later? I think this manner can easier than yours. Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon