We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Use Template File With Formulas ERRORS

Hi I''m trying to open a .xls file and getting exceptions such as; 1) "Not enough elements in Stack" and 2) "Cannot find Formula token with code: 52". The .xls file in question contains formulas, if I remove the formulas the exceptions do not occur. Removing the formulas is not an option for me. I need to know what the limitations/best practices are of xlsio with regard to using .xls files as templates with formulas and also what formulas are supported by xlsio. I''m using excelengine to open the .xls file. Many Thanks in Advance Adrian

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2005 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Adrian, Here is a Sample in the Evaluation centre regarding Formulas. see to this link: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/EvaluationCenter/default.aspx?cNode=4 Please take a look and if you again see the problem, please send me the Sample which throws exception. Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >Hi > >I''m trying to open a .xls file and getting exceptions such as; >1) "Not enough elements in Stack" and >2) "Cannot find Formula token with code: 52". > >The .xls file in question contains formulas, if I remove the formulas the exceptions do not occur. Removing the formulas is not an option for me. > >I need to know what the limitations/best practices are of xlsio with regard to using .xls files as templates with formulas and also what formulas are supported by xlsio. > >I''m using excelengine to open the .xls file. > >Many Thanks in Advance > >Adrian

AW Adrian White November 8, 2005 11:12 AM UTC

Thanks Seetha I''m attaching the template which uses the offset function. This returns the "Not enough elements in stack" exception. The offset formulas are in Column Q, if you delete all but one or two of the offset formulas, the exception does not occur. I tried using the choose function as a different way of achieving the same result but this raises the "Cannot find Formula token with code: 0". Seetha, can you explicitly detail for me which functions xlsio supports please? Also, I''m still searching the forums and kb for this answer but can you let me know if it''s possible to replicate Excel''s ''Calculate'' method? I need the template file to calculate the formulas it contains whilst I am processing the file with xlsio. Thanks Adrian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2005 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Adrian, Sorry for the Inconvenience. I haven''t got the template file. Could you please again attach the file. Best Regards, Seetha >Thanks Seetha > >I''m attaching the template which uses the offset function. This returns the "Not enough elements in stack" exception. The offset formulas are in Column Q, if you delete all but one or two of the offset formulas, the exception does not occur. > >I tried using the choose function as a different way of achieving the same result but this raises the "Cannot find Formula token with code: 0". > >Seetha, can you explicitly detail for me which functions xlsio supports please? > >Also, I''m still searching the forums and kb for this answer but can you let me know if it''s possible to replicate Excel''s ''Calculate'' method? I need the template file to calculate the formulas it contains whilst I am processing the file with xlsio. > >Thanks > >Adrian

AW Adrian White November 9, 2005 11:11 AM UTC

Sure here you are.

offset.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 9, 2005 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Adrian, Regarding the OFFSET and CHOOSE functions, It has been fixed in the latest internal version and the fix will be available in the next release. The next release is on November 21st. I herewith attach the functions which are supported by XlsIO. formula632671565671525550.zip Thanks for your Continued interest with Syncfusion products. Best Regards, Seetha >Sure here you are.

offset.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon