We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GGC multi-line textbox

I would like to allow multiple lines of text to be entered in the cell of a GridGroupingControl. 1. I can not get the cell to accept an ''enter'' key. 2. As I type, the line does not wrap and the row height does not resize. I have no problem getting this to work in a non-grouping grid. Could you tell my what I''m missing? I tried the following with no success: grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = true; grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.AutoSize = true; grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.AllowEnter =true; Thanks, -Luke

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2005 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Luke, It''s tricky. For the main table you can get it working by setting the .AllowTextBoxAutoSize = true; .WantEnterKey = false; properties and also handle protected override bool ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData) { if (keyData == Keys.Enter) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell; cc = cc.Renderer.GetNestedCurrentCell(); if (cc.Renderer.Control is TextBoxBase) ((TextBoxBase) cc.Renderer.Control).SelectedText = "\r"; } return base.ProcessDialogKey(keyData); } I couldn''t get the autosize working however for the nested tables in the example. Example: ResizableRowsAndAllowEnter.zip Stefan >I would like to allow multiple lines of text to be entered in the cell of a GridGroupingControl. >1. I can not get the cell to accept an ''enter'' key. >2. As I type, the line does not wrap and the row height does not resize. > >I have no problem getting this to work in a non-grouping grid. Could you tell my what I''m missing? > >I tried the following with no success: > grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = true; > grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.AutoSize = true; > grid.TableDescriptor.Columns["text"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.AllowEnter =true; > > >Thanks, >-Luke

LM Luke Middleton November 8, 2005 05:34 PM UTC

Thanks. That helped a lot. I''m glad I asked.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon