We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Datagrid currentcellchange won''t fire

I have a typed dataset attached to a grid. I have three columns, price which is a double, total which is a double and quantity which is a int. I check currentcellchange event to see if the user has been changing values, if this event fires I calculate the total(total = quantity * price) and assign the value to the total column in the dataset. I would rather add an expression to the grid and let it do this for me but I couldn''t figure that out(I am working in the IDE). Anyway, everything works as I would expect unless the user types in a 0 for either quantity or price. If they do the currentcellchange doesn''t fire. Funny thing is if they they type 0.0, it does fire. This is frustrating becuase I don''t have to type 1.0 to get it to work right, just typing 1 works as I would expect. Can anyone please help? THANKS.

1 Reply

MI Mike November 6, 2005 01:17 PM UTC

Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to (re-add?) to the nulltext property of the datagridcolumnstyle collection. >I have a typed dataset attached to a grid. I have three columns, price which is a double, total which is a double and quantity which is a int. I check currentcellchange event to see if the user has been changing values, if this event fires I calculate the total(total = quantity * price) and assign the value to the total column in the dataset. I would rather add an expression to the grid and let it do this for me but I couldn''t figure that out(I am working in the IDE). Anyway, everything works as I would expect unless the user types in a 0 for either quantity or price. If they do the currentcellchange doesn''t fire. Funny thing is if they they type 0.0, it does fire. This is frustrating becuase I don''t have to type 1.0 to get it to work right, just typing 1 works as I would expect. Can anyone please help? THANKS.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon