We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VS2005 Support

Hi, does Essential Suite 3.3 fully support VS2005 or are there any known issues? Is there any whitepaper or other official documentation available on your website about VS2005 compliancy? Thanks in advance, Chris

5 Replies

RM Robbe Morris November 4, 2005 06:40 PM UTC

It does not. They do have a trial 4.0 out there that does work with 2005. Beware, it has many of the same docking manager bugs as 3.3.0.11 does.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2005 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Chris, As Robbe mentioned, we do not have 100% support for Visual Studio 2005. We are still working on fixing the last few issues which are primarily problems with the designer and mostly in Tools. However, in most cases v3.3 should work well with VS2005. You should be able to upgrade without any problems, though I would recommend testing the upgrade on a single machine first. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2005 10:09 PM UTC

How long ? >Hi Chris, > > As Robbe mentioned, we do not have 100% support for Visual Studio 2005. We are still working on fixing the last few issues which are primarily problems with the designer and mostly in Tools. > > However, in most cases v3.3 should work well with VS2005. You should be able to upgrade without any problems, though I would recommend testing the upgrade on a single machine first. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

SH Stephan Hofmann November 9, 2005 12:38 AM UTC

Hello, I have made my first experiences with installing VS2005 Prof. edition (all VS 2003 and syncfusion deinstalled first, no beta versions installed before) and running VS 2003 converted projects containing a lot of Syncfusion controls. After opening the project VS2003 now in VS 2005, it seems that I get serialization issues for most of Syncfusion controls each time I''m changing property values. The compiler is also coming with errors I never had before. Are these typical errors Gregory was speaking of? I can only say: at the moment not recommendable to use Syncfusion 3.3 together with VS 2005.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 10, 2005 02:02 AM UTC

Hi Stephan, With version 3.3 and VS.NET 2005 the key is to avoid using the designer. We are working on fixing remaining designer issues and should have an update (version 4.0) before the end of the month. Best regards, Daniel >Hello, > >I have made my first experiences with installing VS2005 Prof. edition (all VS 2003 and syncfusion deinstalled first, no beta versions installed before) and running VS 2003 converted projects containing a lot of Syncfusion controls. > >After opening the project VS2003 now in VS 2005, it seems that I get serialization issues for most of Syncfusion controls each time I''m changing property values. The compiler is also coming with errors I never had before. > >Are these typical errors Gregory was speaking of? >I can only say: at the moment not recommendable to use Syncfusion 3.3 together with VS 2005.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon