We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Lazy Initialization in GridGroupingControl

Hello, Is it possible to perform lazy initialization of the detail records in the GridGroupingControl? I would like to be able to run a query to get all of the master records. And only run the query to retrieve the detail records when the + symbol is clicked to expand the row. Along with this, is it possible to bind a collection of ojects to the GridGroupingControl in a nested manner? (E.G. If you have a Library Object with a collection of Books, I would like a row for each library, and a detail record for the books contained within that library). In this scenario I would like to use a business object layer instead of directly using DataSets/DataTables. Thank you. Jay

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2005 04:08 PM UTC

You can bind to a strong typed collection that itself has a property which is another stringly typed collection. Take a look at this sample. \Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\StrongTypedCollection If you collections implement IBindingList, the grid should be able to automatically respond to changes. If your collection does not implement IBindingList, then you would have to somehow trigger the grid to redraw to see changes to your collections made outside the grid. Currently, there is no way to load children on demand. If there were a flat table, 3.3 has some optimizations that allow it to more quickly handle large numbers of records, including a virtual mode that can be used in some situations. Here is a forum thread where teh user reported being able to handle 2.6M records using the 3.3 version. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=34232

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon