We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SplahPanel in a background thread

Hello: I''m having problems launching an splahpanel from a background thread that is checking for messages. My main form have an splahpanel and starts a background thread when it''s loaded. In this thread I launch a RunLoop method of another class. In this class I have a reference to the main form to call the ShowSplah method when I have received messages. But when I have messages and call to the ShowPanel it doesn''t appear. What''s wrong? How can I do that? Best regards.

1 Reply

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 3, 2005 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Jose, The problem lies with calling the ShowSplash method from a thread other than the main thread. This is a known issue Defect #599 that has been solved internally . As a workaround, declare the delegate and call ShowSplash() anywhere in your code. The following code snippet illustrates this. private delegate void ShowSplashDelegate(); private void ShowSplash() { if (this.InvokeRequired) { this.Invoke(new ShowSplashDelegate(ShowSplash)); return; } SplashPanel1.ShowSplash(); } Hope this helps you and please create a Direct Trac incident if you would like to receive a private build that contains the fix, for testing purpose. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Anu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon