We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Applying patches

Hi everyone. I apply a patch downloaded from your ftp site and the new dlls are logged into the GAC with a different version (for example 3.301.0.15). I have a lot of projects that references the old one dlls (3.301.0.0). So, is there any tool (from Microsoft or from Syncfusion) that help me to update automatically the references in my projects or i must change them manually? Thanks, Roberta

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Daniel(Syncfusion), There is a mixup of references and registry entries after installing the .15 version: - the GAC references to the .15 Assemblies folder - the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\SyncfusionAssemblies key pints to C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 The VS will never find the .15 version assemblies. Regards, Thomas >Hi everyone. >I apply a patch downloaded from your ftp site and the new dlls are logged into the GAC with a different version (for example 3.301.0.15). >I have a lot of projects that references the old one dlls (3.301.0.0). >So, is there any tool (from Microsoft or from Syncfusion) that help me to update automatically the references in my projects or i must change them manually? > >Thanks, > >Roberta

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Thomas, We no longer use the custom assembly folder. Instead the installer should have copied the correct assemblies to the default public assemblies folder. Please check if this happened. If this happened correctly then the files in the default location should get picked up. Best regards, Daniel >Hi Daniel(Syncfusion), > >There is a mixup of references and registry entries after installing the .15 version: > >- the GAC references to the .15 Assemblies folder >- the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\SyncfusionAssemblies key pints to >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 > >The VS will never find the .15 version assemblies. > >Regards, >Thomas > > >>Hi everyone. >>I apply a patch downloaded from your ftp site and the new dlls are logged into the GAC with a different version (for example 3.301.0.15). >>I have a lot of projects that references the old one dlls (3.301.0.0). >>So, is there any tool (from Microsoft or from Syncfusion) that help me to update automatically the references in my projects or i must change them manually? >> >>Thanks, >> >>Roberta

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 02:26 PM UTC

Daniel, The assemblies will not be copied to the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 folder. This is the default public assembly folder? Regards, thomas >Hi Thomas, > >We no longer use the custom assembly folder. Instead the installer should have copied the correct assemblies to the default public assemblies folder. Please check if this happened. If this happened correctly then the files in the default location should get picked up. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>Hi Daniel(Syncfusion), >> >>There is a mixup of references and registry entries after installing the .15 version: >> >>- the GAC references to the .15 Assemblies folder >>- the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\SyncfusionAssemblies key pints to >>C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 >> >>The VS will never find the .15 version assemblies. >> >>Regards, >>Thomas >> >> >>>Hi everyone. >>>I apply a patch downloaded from your ftp site and the new dlls are logged into the GAC with a different version (for example 3.301.0.15). >>>I have a lot of projects that references the old one dlls (3.301.0.0). >>>So, is there any tool (from Microsoft or from Syncfusion) that help me to update automatically the references in my projects or i must change them manually? >>> >>>Thanks, >>> >>>Roberta

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 03:28 PM UTC

Daniel, After installing the patch, the version is not displayed in the AssemblyManager. Regards Thomas >Daniel, > >The assemblies will not be copied to the C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 folder. This is the default public assembly folder? > >Regards, >thomas > >>Hi Thomas, >> >>We no longer use the custom assembly folder. Instead the installer should have copied the correct assemblies to the default public assemblies folder. Please check if this happened. If this happened correctly then the files in the default location should get picked up. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >> >>>Hi Daniel(Syncfusion), >>> >>>There is a mixup of references and registry entries after installing the .15 version: >>> >>>- the GAC references to the .15 Assemblies folder >>>- the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\SyncfusionAssemblies key pints to >>>C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\1.1 >>> >>>The VS will never find the .15 version assemblies. >>> >>>Regards, >>>Thomas >>> >>> >>>>Hi everyone. >>>>I apply a patch downloaded from your ftp site and the new dlls are logged into the GAC with a different version (for example 3.301.0.15). >>>>I have a lot of projects that references the old one dlls (3.301.0.0). >>>>So, is there any tool (from Microsoft or from Syncfusion) that help me to update automatically the references in my projects or i must change them manually? >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>> >>>>Roberta

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon