We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Manager Tab Order

I seem unable to influence the order of the tabs in my Docking Manager. I have two docked controls; Analysis Explorer and Runs Explorer (see attached screenshot). I want Analysis Explorer to be the first tab (leftmost). If I try and change it in the Designer it has no effect. Is there a way in code that I can set this order after InitializeComponent?

DockedTabs.zip

6 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 06:20 AM UTC

Hi Derek, You could change the DockTabPostion by using the SetTabPosition method in the Docking Manager. There was a bug in this method, I had logged a bug report Inconsistency behaviour in the SetTabPosition method regarding this issue and it has been resolved. If you are interested in recieving a patch build, please create a Direct Trac incident to get the patch version and also mention this forum link. As a workaround, you could use the ActivateControl method immediately before the SetTabPosition method. Please take a look at this attached test sample which illustrates this workaround and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay Test Sample

DS Derek Stafford November 2, 2005 04:32 PM UTC

My code now looks like this but its made no difference InitializeComponent(); // Workaround to set the position to 0 this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer); this.dockingManager1.SetTabPosition(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer, 0);

DS Derek Stafford November 2, 2005 04:40 PM UTC

>My code now looks like this but its made no difference > >InitializeComponent(); > >// Workaround to set the position to 0 >this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer); >this.dockingManager1.SetTabPosition(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer, 0); > > When running the above code I started receiving an error that stated that pnlAnalysisExplorer was not enabled for docking. This is despite the following code appearing in InitializeComponent() // // pnlAnalysisExplorer // this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.Controls.Add(this.pnlAnalysisExplorerTree); this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.Controls.Add(this.pnlAnalysisExplorerToolbar); this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer, true); this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(1, 24); this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.Name = "pnlAnalysisExplorer"; this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(246, 620); this.pnlAnalysisExplorer.TabIndex = 7; So what I''ve done is change my code to look like the following. Everything now works as required but I don''t understand why. InitializeComponent(); // Workaround to set the tvwAnalysisExplorer to position 0 this.dockingManager1.SetEnableDocking(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer, true); this.dockingManager1.ActivateControl(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer); this.dockingManager1.SetTabPosition(this.pnlAnalysisExplorer, 0);

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team November 3, 2005 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Derek, Docking Manager loads the docking windows properties after the Form Load event. If you want to set or get the values for docking windows during application startup, you could use the statement within the NewDockStateEndLoad event. This event will trigger at the end of the Form Load event. Please take a look at this attached sample and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay Modified Test Sample

BC Brian Corley May 3, 2006 11:58 AM UTC

I am trying to do the same thing, but it is not in the init section and I can not get things to work properly either. I have the situation where I am making the tab visible/invisible. When the tab becomes visible I want it to be the left most tab. It is always the right most tab no matter what index I use when calling: dockingManager.SetDockVisibility(lstErrors, true); dockingManager.ActivateControl(lstErrors); dockingManager.SetTabPosition(lstErrors,"index");

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team May 3, 2006 02:52 PM UTC

Hi Brian, I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce your problem in our v4.1. Could you please let me know you version number which you are using currently? If possible, please modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue. It will help us to solve this issue accurately. Thanks, Vijay Test Sample

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon