We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Problems

Hi Holger We are in the same situation. Day by day we found more bugs in the 3.3 version and have to go back to 3.2.1. For us it''s unacceptable, we pay for an subscription that we can''t really use. The 3.X story seams to be a never ending one. We''re evaluating also another vendor, because we don''t have so much time left that this library needs to have a "nearly" success. Regards, Thomas >Hi, > >Since we upgraded to Essential Suite 3.3 we are experiencing one bug after the other. > >Only to name a few: >- There are a lot of refreshing problems >- The ButtonEdit control''s Windows XP look is broken >- There are problems with the popup menus >- The DateTimePickerAdv doesn''t works well >- There are problems with the TabControlAdv >. >. >. > >We decided to go back to version 3.2.1 for now and we are thinking about changing to an other vendor for the future. > >Introductory with version 3... the quality of Syncfusion libraries, mainly Essential Tools, was substantially decreased. Whenever we are releasing our application with a new version of Essential Suite, we have to do a complete test of the application and not only new or changed functions. > >Regards >Holger Persch

30 Replies

MA Manpreet October 19, 2005 04:25 AM UTC

Hi, We are currently using 2.1.0.9 and planning to update to a higher version. I tried 3.3 but yes, there are issues related to refreshing and more. Is the version 3.2 fine ? Can i have a feedback of the 3.2 version.

HP Holger Persch October 19, 2005 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Manpreet, IMHO version 3.2.1 is way better than 3.3. That means, it has (related to our project) less bugs than version 3.3. Regards Holger >Hi, > >We are currently using 2.1.0.9 and planning to update to a higher version. >I tried 3.3 but yes, there are issues related to refreshing and more. > >Is the version 3.2 fine ? Can i have a feedback of the 3.2 version.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Holger / Thomas / Manpreet, We apologize for any trouble with Essential Tools. I can, with all sincerity say that version 3.3 was the release with the most testing. However, given the nature of the Tools product (extending Windows Forms in different ways) it is likely that there were issues which slipped by that are specific to certain environments and such. We have since broadened the scope of our unit tests for tools. Also, there is a service pack available that corrects most of the currently reported issues. To ensure application compatibility, we request participation in our beta tests. With 3.3 we had a very long beta cycle. Those customers that participated really helped the product and also ensured compatibility for their own applications. If you have not participated in the past we definitely encourage and request you to do so in the future. Please send me a list of any issues that currently have and I will send you an update within 24 hours. We will work with to you ensure that all compatibility issues are resolved very quickly. Thanks & best regards, Daniel (danieljREMOVEALLTHIS@syncfusionTHISALSO.com

HP Holger Persch October 20, 2005 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, >We apologize for any trouble with Essential Tools. I can, with all sincerity say that version 3.3 was the release with the most testing. However, given the nature of the Tools product (extending Windows Forms in different ways) it is likely that there were issues which slipped by that are specific to certain environments and such. I know about the problems when developing controls and components that extend the Windows Forms library and I also know that there is no software without bugs. But if you consider you have an application that is running well and only recompiling (no other changes) it with a new Essential Suite then breaks it at many places - that''s not acceptable. Apart from this, it causes a lot of work (and cost) to get it running well again. >To ensure application compatibility, we request participation in our beta tests. With 3.3 we had a very long beta cycle. Those customers that participated really helped the product and also ensured compatibility for their own applications. If you have not participated in the past we definitely encourage and request you to do so in the future. We will be glad to participate to beta tests in the future. The problem is, we have a fixed release plan for our application and you have a release plan for your libraries. So, if we are using beta versions of your libraries and we need to release our app in e.g. four weeks and we are not able to get a release version of your libraries in-between this time then we are in trouble. Another issue is, our application is a large multi-tier software and we are working in several teams on it. The other teams (I''m in the client team) need several times a month a stable and full functional client application. If we are using Syncfusion beta libraries then we probably will get trouble with them. The only solution I can think about, is to test the betas using a separate code tree. But this causes a lot of additional work. >Please send me a list of any issues that currently have and I will send you an update within 24 hours. We will work with to you ensure that all compatibility issues are resolved very quickly. I had a telephone call with Marissa, your Sales Managerin, yesterday and we arranged to send her a list containing all issues we have with Essential Suite. I will do so now and she then will call me back tommorrow and we will talk about these issues. Regards Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2005 02:01 PM UTC

We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. /Peter

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 25, 2005 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Peter, Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I was travelling and did not get a chance to post an update. The tools team will post an update later today on a service pack. Best regards, Daniel >We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. > >I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. > >My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. > >Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. > >/Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2005 07:32 AM UTC

Hi again Daniel, I cannot find this information anywhere. Where exactly is it posted? /Peter >Hi Peter, > >Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I was travelling and did not get a chance to post an update. > >The tools team will post an update later today on a service pack. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. >> >>I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. >> >>My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. >> >>Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. >> >>/Peter

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 26, 2005 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.11/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) Best regards, Daniel >Hi again Daniel, > >I cannot find this information anywhere. Where exactly is it posted? > >/Peter > > >>Hi Peter, >> >>Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I was travelling and did not get a chance to post an update. >> >>The tools team will post an update later today on a service pack. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >> >>>We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. >>> >>>I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. >>> >>>My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. >>> >>>Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. >>> >>>/Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2005 05:28 PM UTC

Thanx, i''ll have a look at it tomorrow. /Peter >Hi Peter, > >Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. > >ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.11/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe > >This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) > >Best regards, >Daniel > > >>Hi again Daniel, >> >>I cannot find this information anywhere. Where exactly is it posted? >> >>/Peter >> >> >>>Hi Peter, >>> >>>Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I was travelling and did not get a chance to post an update. >>> >>>The tools team will post an update later today on a service pack. >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Daniel >>> >>>>We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. >>>> >>>>I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. >>>> >>>>My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. >>>> >>>>Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. >>>> >>>>/Peter

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2005 08:54 PM UTC

I have installed this version (3.3.0.11) and it looks much better, thank you. However there may be a problem. It appears that any menu are duplicated when an MDI child is open. This happens on your "XP Menus MDI" sample application, and the "VSDemo" featured sample. To reproduce - launch the VSDemo sample. Select File->New->C# file. Open the Edit menu. The menu items are duplicated. I have seen this on my development machine. I have not tried it on another PC. If MDI menu merging does not work correctly then I cannot use this version. Can you reproduce this problem with this service pack version?

PW Paul Wardle October 26, 2005 08:57 PM UTC

Sorry, for the anonymous post above. I thought that if I logged in it would know who was posting automatically ;)

HP Holger Persch October 27, 2005 06:30 AM UTC

>Hi Peter, > >Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. > >This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) > >Best regards, >Daniel Daniel, There are still 43 open issues only for the Menus Package (I don''t count the one for VS2005). I would like to know about how you will manage these issues. I can speak only for me, but I''m not interested in getting a new version until all open issues are fixed. And the most important, this version should include nothing else than bug fixes, no additional changes or even new features. And what are you doing to prevent the dilemma that happened with version 3.3 will not happen again with future versions? I don''t want to badmouth Syncfusion products, I just want to talk about the problems and I would like to know how other developers are thinking about it. Kindest regards, Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2005 08:33 AM UTC

Hi, And it would allso be nice to know wich specivic issues that were adressed in this servicepack. Some kind of document/list that describes updates, fixes, new features etc would be nice to have when an update is released. /Peter Erikson > > >>Hi Peter, >> >>Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. >> >>This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel > >Daniel, > >There are still 43 open issues only for the Menus Package (I don''t count the one for VS2005). > >I would like to know about how you will manage these issues. I can speak only for me, but I''m not interested in getting a new version until all open issues are fixed. And the most important, this version should include nothing else than bug fixes, no additional changes or even new features. > >And what are you doing to prevent the dilemma that happened with version 3.3 will not happen again with future versions? > >I don''t want to badmouth Syncfusion products, I just want to talk about the problems and I would like to know how other developers are thinking about it. > >Kindest regards, >Holger

KI Kai Iske October 27, 2005 09:02 AM UTC

Hi, we are on 3.2.1.0 still, but from what I''ve read in this thread I guess we better stick to this version and not switch to 3.3.x.x anytime soon. However I would like to double the two posts above. Looking forward to a release that fixes (at least) any open major issues (and preferrably all known issues). Kai >Hi, > >And it would allso be nice to know wich specivic issues that were adressed in this servicepack. > >Some kind of document/list that describes updates, fixes, new features etc would be nice to have when an update is released. > >/Peter Erikson > >> >> >>>Hi Peter, >>> >>>Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. >>> >>>This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Daniel >> >>Daniel, >> >>There are still 43 open issues only for the Menus Package (I don''t count the one for VS2005). >> >>I would like to know about how you will manage these issues. I can speak only for me, but I''m not interested in getting a new version until all open issues are fixed. And the most important, this version should include nothing else than bug fixes, no additional changes or even new features. >> >>And what are you doing to prevent the dilemma that happened with version 3.3 will not happen again with future versions? >> >>I don''t want to badmouth Syncfusion products, I just want to talk about the problems and I would like to know how other developers are thinking about it. >> >>Kindest regards, >>Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2005 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Holger, I''m at one what you''re writing. I think it''s time that the management of Syncfusion has to communicate the next steps and also a realistic timeframe for the actions. A next step for me isn''t the version 4.0, we have to talk about the current state of 3.3. Regards, Thomas > > >>Hi Peter, >> >>Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. >> >>This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel > >Daniel, > >There are still 43 open issues only for the Menus Package (I don''t count the one for VS2005). > >I would like to know about how you will manage these issues. I can speak only for me, but I''m not interested in getting a new version until all open issues are fixed. And the most important, this version should include nothing else than bug fixes, no additional changes or even new features. > >And what are you doing to prevent the dilemma that happened with version 3.3 will not happen again with future versions? > >I don''t want to badmouth Syncfusion products, I just want to talk about the problems and I would like to know how other developers are thinking about it. > >Kindest regards, >Holger

RM Robbe Morris October 28, 2005 05:30 PM UTC

It is still full of bugs. I installed 3.3.0.11 today. Visual Studio .NET now reports false errors of duplicate control names on the form. I am using a docking manager with several panels on the form. I used to be able to see all 10 of them. Now the IDE only shows 3. Even, then the docked panels are blurred and have their top captions duplicated in design mode. Makes it very difficult to work with the panels. The controls don''t render properly on form loads especially in MDI. You have to resize the form and then maximize it to get the controls to render properly. We were fools and bought the entire syncfusion suite a year or so ago. The more I use these controls, the more bugs I find. Now, I''ve got to go to management and explain this waste of money. Thanks syncfusion!!! fyi... I''m running on a new IBM t41 laptop with XP Pro SP2 and Visual Studio .NET 2003. >Thanx, i''ll have a look at it tomorrow. > >/Peter > >>Hi Peter, >> >>Version 3.3.0.11 is the latest Tools SP. >> >>ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.11/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe >> >>This fixes several issues in Menus and docking. (Includes all fixes till 10/05/2005) >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >> >> >>>Hi again Daniel, >>> >>>I cannot find this information anywhere. Where exactly is it posted? >>> >>>/Peter >>> >>> >>>>Hi Peter, >>>> >>>>Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I was travelling and did not get a chance to post an update. >>>> >>>>The tools team will post an update later today on a service pack. >>>> >>>>Best regards, >>>>Daniel >>>> >>>>>We are allso having a lot of problems with the latest syncfusion update. We recently upgraded our code from version 2.1.0.9 to 3.3. >>>>> >>>>>I understand that there is no bug free software. But this is starting to get a bit annoying. Everytime there is an update new bugs are introduced. I thought the point of using third party components is to not having to worry about things like this. But instead we are left with bugs we have no control over. And a lot of time is spent trying to find workarounds. >>>>> >>>>>My opinion is that 2.1.0.9 is the most stable release up to date. 2.1.0.9 allso had a lot of issues but we managed to workaround most of them to a somewhat acceptable state. >>>>> >>>>>Daniel, you mentioned in your post thet there is a service pack available. From where can we download this? I cant find it anywhere on the syncfusion web. >>>>> >>>>>/Peter

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 28, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

Peter, I will post the release notes for 3.3.0.11 shortly. Thanks, Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 28, 2005 06:39 PM UTC

Paul, I checked with the Tools team and they are able to see your problem. Please open a Direct-Trac incident and they will send you a fix. Thanks, Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 28, 2005 06:41 PM UTC

Robbe, None of these issues have been reported. Typically when one comes across such problems they are a result of incompatible versions in the GAC and the public assemblies folder. Please clear your GAC & public assemblies folder of Syncfusion assemblies, re-add them and then reset your VS.NET toolbox. These problems should go away. Best regards, Daniel

PW Paul Wardle October 28, 2005 08:08 PM UTC

Thanks, I have done this.

RM Robbe Morris October 28, 2005 08:11 PM UTC

I removed all previous versions of syncfusion from the c:\windows\assembly folder and rebooted my laptop (should be unnecessary but I wasn''t taking any chances). doesn''t fix any of the issues. the attached screen shots give you a small taste.

Syncfusion_Crap_3_3_0_11.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 28, 2005 09:49 PM UTC

Hi Robbe, Could you also check to make sure that CopyLocal is set to false for all your project references? When CopyLocal is true, Visual Studio creates copies of the assemblies that are used in design mode. The copies are often of old versions, resulting in the versions used for design time and runtime being different. Toggling CopyLocal to false should delete these assemblies and result in a consistent version. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc. >I removed all previous versions of syncfusion from the c:\windows\assembly folder and rebooted my laptop (should be unnecessary but I wasn''t taking any chances). > >doesn''t fix any of the issues. > >the attached screen shots give you a small taste.

Syncfusion_Crap_3_3_0_11.zip

RM Robbe Morris October 28, 2005 10:25 PM UTC

Also confirmed that no syncfusion dlls are present in any folder or subfolder of my application. Also reset all of my references in all projects to ensure they point to 3.3.0.11.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 29, 2005 03:52 AM UTC

Hi Peter, The release notes for Essential Tools for version 3.3.0.11 is linked to below: http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/patches/v3.3.0.11/tools.html Regards, Davis >Peter, > >I will post the release notes for 3.3.0.11 shortly. > >Thanks, >Daniel

NE Ne October 30, 2005 08:47 PM UTC

I can''t believe that we are still going through all this buggy code stuff. Well maybe I can since this has been the mode of operation for the last 2 plus year. Has anyone tried other products? Can we get a review ?

NE Ne October 30, 2005 09:18 PM UTC

Any opinions on ComponentOne ?

RM Robbe Morris October 30, 2005 11:04 PM UTC

Their other zip and compression components are top notch. Demo''d their grid a couple of years ago and it was pretty good. On Monday, I''m talking to the boss about scraping syncfusion altogether and trying out some other controls. The docking manager still causes my app to crash in 3.3.0.11 and from the screen shots a few posts back of mine, you can see it has some real problems. This just doesn''t seem like a real stable product and it definitely doesn''t work with VS .NET 2005 yet. And, I need to switch to 2005 right now.

RM Robbe Morris October 30, 2005 11:05 PM UTC

I was referring to Xceedsoft.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2005 05:19 AM UTC

The not stable product is Syncfusion right ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 31, 2005 06:00 AM UTC

Removed

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon