We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Template in DataGrid

When we right click on the data grid at design time and choose "Edit Template" --> Item Template. The grid becomes very small, almost disappears...and I am unable to increase the size by dragging or doing anything ...I need to add controls to it when I edit...Can you please tell me is there any special property to set or how else do we do it ? We are not binding data to the datagrid at design time..only when we click a button.. Any suggestions ? Thanks Ashish

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2005 09:48 PM UTC

Ashish, This by the way is the Windows Grid forum, please use the Web Grid forum next time. Seems that when you try to Edit Template on a grid that does not have any datasource specified in the designer, it chokes – probably crashes somewhere. So, I think the workaround right now is to set the template on a grid which has a data source in the designer (remember to reopen the designer, if you just set the data source on the grid), then copy over the relevant template code in the aspx into the other grid. I see that this is a serious defect, there is probably a fix already, if not, we will make sure to include a fix for this in the very next release. Regards, Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2005 11:04 PM UTC

Preveen, Is a data source required at design time or can a data source be used at runtime? Joseph >Ashish, > >This by the way is the Windows Grid forum, please use the Web Grid forum next time. > >Seems that when you try to Edit Template on a grid that does not have any datasource specified in the designer, it chokes – probably crashes somewhere. > >So, I think the workaround right now is to set the template on a grid which has a data source in the designer (remember to reopen the designer, if you just set the data source on the grid), then copy over the relevant template code in the aspx into the other grid. > >I see that this is a serious defect, there is probably a fix already, if not, we will make sure to include a fix for this in the very next release. > >Regards, > >Praveen > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon