We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Refreshing Summaries in Grid Grouping Control

Hello, I have a gridGroupingControl with an editable Column in it. Can someone please help me: 1/ Cause the Summary row totals to refresh when they edit a cell in the grid. 2/ Cause the adjacent columns to refresh when they edit a cell in the grid (these columns are bound to calculated properties of the object which are dependant on the bound column which is being changed.) Also - and I realise that this might be a dumb question, could someone please explain to me how to answer questions like this from the documentation? I have to say that I usually find it very difficult to answer my own questions. I''m using version 3.201.1.0 Thanks very much for your help, it is appreciated.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 26, 2005 08:14 AM UTC

1) By default, the summaries should be refreshed as you leave the row (not the cell). But in 3.3 (did not try 3.2), this is broken, an dteh summary does not get redrawn when you leave teh row. I will pass this problem onto the development team to try to get this addressed. 2) By default, expression columns should be updated as you leave the cell. I see this working in 3.3 as expected. For 1, if you want the summaries updated as you leave the cell (and to work around around the problem I see in 3.3), you can add a CurrentRecordContextChange event handler, and trigger the actions there.
private void gridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.CurrentFieldChanged)
	{
		this.gridGroupingControl1.CurrencyManager.EndCurrentEdit(); 
		this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.InvalidateSummary();
	}
}
Answers to questions such as these will eventually be found in the Task-oriented (How-To''s) section of the User Guides and also in our on-line KBs. We are working continuously to add content to these locations.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon