We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoCompleteControl custom matching routine

Hi, I need to customize the matching routine of an AutoCompleteControl. The documentation says that the PopulateListWithMatches function should be override, but nowhere does it indicate how that might be done. I made an attempt, but quickly realised that the currentText string was populated with the already autocompleted text, instead of just what the user had entered. This poses a problem because my custom matching routine will need to match against only the user entered text. I then tried setting AutoCompleteControl.MatchMode to Manual and then using the MatchItem event, but the event is never called. What I need basically, is an AutoCompleteControl that will suggest not only entries in the history list that start with the text the user enters, but also that contain the text the user enters. For example, if the user enters "his" the autosuggest list would contain entries like: Chisel Histogram History This Whisk Thanks much!

2 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team October 24, 2005 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Tinclon, We have an open issue with AutoCompleteControl that the MatchItem Event is not getting fired when it is called.I am looking into this and will get back to you with more information soon. Thanks, Anu.

CN Clinton Nielsen November 2, 2005 07:17 PM UTC

Has there been any progress? I kind of need this asap. The documentation indicates that a better method than using the MatchItem routine is to override the PopulateListWithMatches function - but it gives no indication as to how this might be done. I don''t suppose you could give a short code snippet indicating how to use the PopulateListWithMatches method? Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon