We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Valid License Cannot Be Granted

Hi, I have recently upgraded from version 2.0.5.0 to 3.2.1.0. When I run my form I receive the following error: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information. at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor(GridModel model) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl..ctor() at Claims.frmHome.InitializeComponent() in C:\Visual Studio Projects\Claims\frmHome.vb:line 61 at Claims.frmHome..ctor() in C:\Visual Studio Projects\Claims\frmHome.vb:line 14 at Claims.frmMdiContainer.InitialiseObjects() in C:\Visual Studio Projects\Claims\frmMdiContainer.vb:line 489 at Claims.frmMdiContainer.frmMdiContainer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Visual Studio Projects\Claims\frmMdiContainer.vb:line 223 I would appreciate your advise. Thanks very much in advance, Kate

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2005 07:25 AM UTC

Normally this is automatically handled the first first you rebuild th efproject after installing 3.2. If it does not, you can try running the Licensing Utility under the Utilities node on the Syncfusion tree of the Start menu. You can see help on this Utility under the Getting Started\Utilities section of the User Guide. If the Licensing Utility does not work, you can try manually adjusting the licensing. Use a text editor to open up the license.licx file. If the only entries you see in there are Syncfusion issues, then you can delete the file and remove it from the project (Right click it in the Solution explorer and select delete. If there are other entires, just remove the Syncfusion lines in the file. Then try rebuilding the project. The 3.2.1.0 licensing should be added as you rebuild.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon