We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Toolbar behavior change in version 3.3 (shrink instead of wrap around)

We recently upgraded to version 3.3 and now I see our application''s toolbars behave differently. When we launch our application, sometimes the window is not wide enough to show all the toolbar buttons. Until recently, when that happened, the latter toolbars would wrap down onto a second row. Now, with version 3.3, the behavior is different: all the toolbars become compressed. With this new behavior, I have to manually drag a toolbar down onto the second row in order to see all its buttons. So I still end up having my toolbars spread across two rows, but I have to move toolbars manually. I like the old behavior better. So how can I reconfigure my application so that it wraps the toolbars onto a second row automatically, like it did before version 3.3?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Dave, Please modify the attached sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we can investigate it here. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Toolbar2.zip

DS Dave Smith October 19, 2005 07:18 PM UTC

To see the behavior, just resize the form. Bring up the form that you provided (Form1.cs) in design mode, and resize the form so that it''s 400 pixels wide. Save the change, rebuild, and run the application. When the application runs, all the toolbars are on one row. Because the toolbar buttons do not all fit on one row, the toolbars are compressed, so you can''t see all the buttons. In earlier versions of Syncfusion the toolbars would wrap down onto a second row instead of displaying in a compressed state. I cannot modify your sample code to make that happen, because that is the very thing that I am asking you about -- I need for you to tell me what property I should set to make the toolbars wrap down instead of appearing compressed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2005 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Dave, I am afraid it is not possible to set a property to make the toolbars wrap down instead of appearing compressed.All the BarItems are visible if the drop down arrow of the toolbar is clicked. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon