We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Should I use card layout?

Pretty basic question. I have a series of forms that I would like have users navigate through in a specific order using "Next" and "Previous" functionality. They would start with a form, enter some basic information that is key to the subject they are working on, ie. "Study Type", and can then move to other screens that use the selected "Study Type" information. Is this what a Card Layout control is for? I''m not quite understanding the documentation. Would each of my forms be considered "cards"? Thanks!

1 Reply

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Helmut, A CardLayout is applied to a Container, and Components are added to the layout in a particular form and not between different forms. This CardLayout manager treats each component in the container as a card. Only one card is visible at a time, and the container acts as a stack of cards. The first component added to a CardLayout object is the visible component when the container is first displayed. For an example, When cardLayout is added to a form, and a panel is added, and this panel acts as Card1, where the user can add the needed controls. Then add another panel which will act as Card2 and so on. During runtime, only one Card will be visible at a time, you could move through these cards using buttons though codings. Please let me know if you have more questions.Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon