We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl dissappears from Designer but all code still exist .

I have seen an issue where the GridControl dissappears from the designer but the app still builds. Once i get to the code that called the gridcontrol . i get an exception . . when the gridcontrol is null. please let me know if anyone has seen this before because i keeep having to drop new gridcontrols back onto the GUI and update all my code. thks ak

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 09:26 PM UTC

Two things to check. Before you try to open anything thing in the designer, rebuild your project first. Check the references for the Grid and Shared DLLs. If you have them set to Copy Local true, then make sure the versions of these DLL''s in your GAC are the same as the copy local versions. The designer will try to load the versions in the GAC, but the exe will try to use the local copies. If these are different versions, then you can have problems like this.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 03:39 PM UTC

We have our refernces set to Copy Local true. All of the versions match - the versions in our references in the app are 3.0.1.0 and the versions in our gac (C:\WINDOWS\assembly) are 3.0.1.0. Is there anything else for us to check? >Two things to check. > >Before you try to open anything thing in the designer, rebuild your project first. > >Check the references for the Grid and Shared DLLs. If you have them set to Copy Local true, then make sure the versions of these DLL''s in your GAC are the same as the copy local versions. The designer will try to load the versions in the GAC, but the exe will try to use the local copies. If these are different versions, then you can have problems like this.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 05:31 PM UTC

You can try removing the Essential Grid controls from your toolbox and then re-add them from the GAC. If you set Copy Local = false and remove the local copies so only the GAC is accessed, then I think the problem may go away.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon