We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Empty Group in grid grouping control

Is there anyway to create an empty group in the grid grouping control. I would like to use it as a marker if the user wants to add rows to that object (when there currently are none).

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 03:14 PM UTC

On a somewhat related note is it possible to have items that don''t belong to any grouping that show up in the middle of the grid and not the beginning or the end.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 11:10 PM UTC

Chuck, the Groups collection is read-only and you can''t add extra groups to it. So, the answer to both questions is no - you can''t do that. We are planning on having support for manually filling groups and records without being bound to a IList but I can''t say when that will be ready. Stefan >On a somewhat related note is it possible to have items that don''t belong to any grouping that show up in the middle of the grid and not the beginning or the end.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 02:04 PM UTC

Well is there a way to hide the caption bar for the group so as to give the appearance of items falling in the middle of the list while actually belonging to a group? Aslo I guess I can use a mutli line display. I don''t know much about how to do that but is it possible for only a certain rows to have the extra line displayed?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 04:05 PM UTC

Here is a KB that discusses how you can hide the caption on a group. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=252

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon