We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Essential Diagram v 3.3.0.10

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35944 Oct 14,2005 01:52 PM Nov 12,2005 08:42 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Diagram
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On October 14, 2005 01:52 PM

Hi folks, The long promised minor update of Essential Diagram, v 3.3.0.10, is finally ready! The install image can be downloaded from - ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.10/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe. The release notes outlining the major changes for this build is attached, and can also be viewed through the following link - ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.10/diagram.html. Please note that this update is to be considered a service patch and requires Essential Studio v 3.3.0.0 or later to be present prior to installation. Installing this image will create the ''3.3.0.10'' folder under the default ''..\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\'' installation location, and install the 3.3.0.10 version of the Essential Studio assemblies and an updated version of all the Essential Diagram Windows and ASP.NET samples. The install will also copy the Essential Studio assemblies to your VS.NET Public Assemblies folder and the system''s Global Assembly Cache. We hope your update proceeds smoothly. Please let us know if you run into problems. Thank you, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Diagram 3.3.0.10 Release Notes .zip

Sachin
Replied On October 19, 2005 05:38 AM

Hi i am not able to open my diagram in design mode after updated to 3.3.0.10 i get an error "Specified Cast not valid" also i would like to know how the following feature works ... i don''t see any thing mentioned below happening. "Visio Import is featured in this release! This new functionality will let you import Microsoft Visio stencils(*.vss files) and convert them into Essential Diagram symbol palettes for use in diagramming applications. The Essential Diagram SymbolDesigner and the DiagramBuilder sample have been updated to allow the import of Visio stencils. The SymbolDesigner may be used to either directly save or edit and save imported shapes into diagram symbols." Thanks Sachin >Hi folks, > >The long promised minor update of Essential Diagram, v 3.3.0.10, is finally ready! > >The install image can be downloaded from - ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.10/syncfusionessentialstudiospsetup.exe. > >The release notes outlining the major changes for this build is attached, and can also be viewed through the following link - ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/v3.3.0.10/diagram.html. > >Please note that this update is to be considered a service patch and requires Essential Studio v 3.3.0.0 or later to be present prior to installation. Installing this image will create the ''3.3.0.10'' folder under the default ''..\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\'' installation location, and install the 3.3.0.10 version of the Essential Studio assemblies and an updated version of all the Essential Diagram Windows and ASP.NET samples. The install will also copy the Essential Studio assemblies to your VS.NET Public Assemblies folder and the system''s Global Assembly Cache. > >We hope your update proceeds smoothly. Please let us know if you run into problems. > >Thank you, >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

Diagram 3.3.0.10 Release Notes .zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 20, 2005 12:47 AM

Sachin, I assume you are referring to not being able to open up the form containing the diagram control within the VS.NET design time. If this is the case then please make sure that both your application and VS.NET are currently referencing the new 3.3.0.10 version of the Syncfusion assemblies. If your application uses local copy for the referenced assemblies, clean up any older assemblies that might be present in the bin folder. Check the VS.NET Public Assemblies folder ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/2005\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies") and verify that it contains the 3.3.0.10 v of the Syncfusion dlls. Look into the system GAC and make sure that only the new 3.3.X.10 version of the Syncfusion dlls are installed in the GAC, and that none of the 3.3.X.0 v assemblies are present. Opening up a Visio stencil file is demonstrated in the DiagramBuilder sample and the SymbolDesigner application. You can use the ''Add Palette'' file menu item to bring up the file open dialog, and select the Visio Stencil option from the file types drop-down to select a Visio stencil file (*.vss file) to be opened. This will launch the conversion process, and create and add to the palette control an Essential Diagram symbol palette with the Visio shapes in the stencil. The same can be done with the SymbolDesigner. Perusing the DiagramBuilder file open implementation will show you the coding details for launching the VSS conversion. Thanks, Prakash Surenda Syncfusion Inc.,

Sachin
Replied On November 9, 2005 07:54 AM

Hi There are Versions there are a whole lot of versions in the GAC for syncfusion 3.200.1.0, 3.201.1.0, and whole lot .... which ones do i keep which ones do i Delete. cleared everrthing related to diagram and have the latest one now but now the am not able to open the diagram in design view at all .. message "Object Reference not ... " Would like to know what exactly to do and would be good enuf if i could revert back to my old assemblies or get it working at the earliest. Also would like to know why is this issue not mentioned while sending the upgrade. Prompt reply would be helpful. Thanks Sachin

Meera Fathima [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 12, 2005 08:42 AM

Hello Sachin, If you have just removed the assemblies from the GAC then they are still present under Syncfusion''s Assemblies("C:\ProgramFiles\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\Assemblies") folder. So you can simply run the AssemblyManager to install the appropriate version to the GAC. And also you need to clean up the Visual Studio Public Assemblies("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003/2005\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies") folder of all the Syncfusion assemblies as well before running the GAC. Please let me know if you still run into any problem. Thanks and Regards, Meera.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;