We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tooltip popup multiple times? Reset hover timer (vb.net)

I haven''t found a good native VB.Net answer to this anywhere - probably someone else has had this issue and can help... I (simply) want a tooltip to popup more than once without moving the mouse off of a control. I have determined the Tooltip control is triggered by a MouseEnter event (not a MouseHover event as I first thought!) My test project - create a ToolTip, a Textbox and a blank CheckedListBox; set the Tooltip InitialDelay = 1; in the form load sub, set the Tooltip active and bound to the CheckedListBox; handle the CheckedListBox MouseHover event to enter the time of this event into the TextBox. Run this and the ToolTip will popup before the Hover text, and if I''m fast enough with the mouse, I can get the ToolTip to popup without the MouseHover event writing text. I haven''t had any joy with Me.ResetMouseEventArgs (Me being the form), and this is an unsupported call anyway. I''ve thought of adding the C++ converted API call to TrackMouseEvents to reset the Tooltip hover timer, but want to pose the question first in case someone else has a better solution. Thanks, Barnaby

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon