We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

DockingManager and inhereted UserControls

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

35928 Oct 14,2005 04:52 AM Nov 1,2005 08:11 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Georgi Kashev
Asked On October 14, 2005 04:52 AM

Hi, I have a hierarchy of user controls. The base conrol has a DockingManager and I can easily dock other controls. The inherited control, however, have to add one more docking control. Here starts the problem. The newly added control does not have EnableDocking property. It does not help if I add a DockingManager in the inhertied control. How can I add a new docked control from the designer? Regards

Vijayanand S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 22, 2005 06:21 AM

Hi Georgi, We are extremely sorry for the delay in responding. I have created a sample and it is working fine. Could you please provide the Essential Suite version currently you are using? Please make sure you have given the protected modifier for the Base UserControl docking manager. Please take a look at the attached sample which contains the following: 1. UserControl1 is the Base control contains DockingManager and Panel1 with protected modifier. 2. UserControl2 which is Inherited from UserControl1 and it has ListBox with docking enabled. 3. Form1 contains UserControl2. 4. We can see both ListBox and Panel control with docking enabled. Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay DockingInherited.zip

Georgi Kashev
Replied On November 1, 2005 08:11 AM

Hi Vijayanand, Unfortunately we have a coding rule never to make a field externaly visible, even protected. I have tried to make an accessor property for the DockingManager but it didn''t do the trick. It seems that we have to violate the rule this time.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;