We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to keep GridDropDownGrid stays open

I followed your sample code ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.6\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropdownGrid\CS and using GridDropDownGridCellModel and GridDropDownGridCellRenderer. I only changed the look of combo box button to be push button simply by this: //DropDownButton = new GridCellComboBoxButton(this); DropDownButton = new GridCellButton(this); this.DropDownButton.Text = "+"; I have 25 buttons like this. By clicking the push button (+) I get my grid (GridControl with three columns and 12 rows). It works just fine but sometimes I like to keep this drop down open and click on next button. Basically I want to be able to see more than one grid in the same time. Is this possible? If yes what should I change to get this behavior. For example I want to use some hot keys or right click mouse to keep them open in order to see other grids and then close them.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2005 04:10 PM UTC

Using the dropdowngrid sample code, it is not possible to have 2 grids dropped at once. The reason is that you can only have one currentcell in a grid, and the cell has to be current to have a dropped grid. Now you could have a cell with a button that pops up a modelless toplevel form that could host a grid that would stay visible as you move to another cell in the grid. But this would be something different than the code used in the dropdowngrid sample.

NJ Najmeh Joze-khajavi October 12, 2005 05:30 PM UTC

Ok. Thanks. I think I know what you are talking about. There is another sample code called ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.6\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample. This way I can see all my 25 grids at once. Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon