We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is GridBagLayOut working in the VS designer?

Just started to evaluate Syncfusion. Dropped a button on a form, if I drop a GridLayout container to the form, and assign the container property, the button changes. With GridBagLAyout nothing changes. I cant get the GridBagLayout to influence the form at all --- no changes in the propertied of the controls. (The docs only shows GridLayout, and says the rest should work the same). Thanks! Olav

2 Replies

OL Olav March 28, 2003 05:38 PM UTC

I see now a "layout Manager" gray line. In the properties line of the components. Though still it doesnt work the samer way as the GridLayout samples. I cant figure out how to create cells and assign a component to a cell. (I am asking these questions mainly to find out if I am wasting this Friday night on this component - If it really is easy to configure my layout in the forms designer - though answers to the isses would be welcome :-). Thanks! Olav

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 31, 2003 02:18 PM UTC

Olav, Once you drop the GridBagLayout on the form, and make sure that the ContainerControl of the layout is set to the form, close the designer and reopen it (this is to ensure that the extended properties get introduced on the child controls). Then when you select a child control, the properites list will include a extended Constraints property which will let you specify the grid cell(GridPosX, GridPosY), etc. Do let me know if you still have trouble with this. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon