We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl

I am trying to do something similar to the productratings sample for the grid grouping control but I am trying to do everything basically thru code. I have three tables one similar to products and one similar to ratings and then I have a mapping table joining the two. How do you get the comma delimited list like the ratings display has?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 11:54 AM UTC

The RelationKind.ForeignKeyKeyWords setting is the magic that makes for the comma delimited entries. Here is a little sample with everything done from code in Form Load. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_KeyWords_83d910fa.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 05:27 PM UTC

That is great and excellent starting point in helping me understand the gridgrouping control. The only big difference in your sample and the productratings one is they somehow have the child table enabled to select from a dropdown instead of free text.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 05:58 PM UTC

In the simple sample, the RatingsTable DataTable holds the information directly. So, when you drop the dropdown, you see exactly what comes from the RatingsTable. But in the productratings sample, the rating table actually holds foreign keys. So, there has to be another DataTable to map the keys onto display values. This is what is generating the extra dropdown.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 06:24 PM UTC

So how would you do this in code. Would you create a foreign key between the table objects or would you use a GridRelationDescriptor and if so how would you reference the child table?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 07:19 PM UTC

You can do it using another relation descriptor. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_KeyWords_9674efee.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 08:08 PM UTC

Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon