We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error during Installation of v3.3

I got the following error message during installation: System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed. at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library) at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine) at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName) at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName) at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.IsDevEnvRunning() at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) I cannot open the Development Center and the installation is not finishing properly. Can someone please advise how to fix this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Bob, could it be you do not have Administrative Rights on the machine? And does it work if you login as Admin? That is my first guess. We haven''t heard of such an error message before. Stefan >I got the following error message during installation: > >System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed. >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library) >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine) >at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName) >at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName) >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.IsDevEnvRunning() >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) > >I cannot open the Development Center and the installation is not finishing properly. Can someone please advise how to fix this? > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2005 02:13 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, The account has administration rights and I get the same message when installing as Administrator. Bob >I got the following error message during installation: > >System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed. >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library) >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine) >at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName) >at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName) >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.IsDevEnvRunning() >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) > >I cannot open the Development Center and the installation is not finishing properly. Can someone please advise how to fix this? > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2005 03:58 AM UTC

I fixed the problem by re-installing the OS. The process performance counters were corrupted, hence the error message. After the OS install, version 3.3 installed fine. Bob >I got the following error message during installation: > >System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed. >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library) >at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine) >at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName) >at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcesses(String machineName) >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.IsDevEnvRunning() >at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.Main(String[] args) > >I cannot open the Development Center and the installation is not finishing properly. Can someone please advise how to fix this? > > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon