We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

copy selection

I would like to copy a user''s selected range (results from the QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRanges, QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedCols, or QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRows function) onto the windows clipboard for pasting elsewhere. How can I do this? Thx

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 07:47 PM UTC

I also need to copy the grid''s column headers, whether they''re vertical or horizontal. thx >I would like to copy a user''s selected range (results from the QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRanges, QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedCols, or QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRows function) >onto the windows clipboard for pasting elsewhere. > >How can I do this? > >Thx >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 09:43 PM UTC

To copy the contents of selected cells to the clipboard, you can call: this.grid.Model.CutPaste.Copy(); To copy the header row, you can use code like: this.grid.Selections.SelectRange(GridRangeInfo.Row(0), true); this.grid.Model.CutPaste.Copy();

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2005 01:59 PM UTC

Will this allow me to copy both the header and the selected range? Will this also copy the grid layout? The user needs to see the grid exactly as it looks on the grid (the lines on the grid as well). Can we do this?? When I ran your code, I only copied the data in the grid, not the headings and not the cells the data resides in. thx.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 7, 2005 03:06 PM UTC

It will allow you to copy the text of both the header and the other selections. But it will not copy anything else (no gridlines, etc.). If you want to snap a bitmap of a range and try to use the bitmap somewhere, you can look at this thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=34417

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon