We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Laying out pages within a Diagram

Hi, I have a requirement where the Diagram [worksheet] has to be divided into "n" no: of pages of a particular size [maybe A4,maybe A5 et c]. The user would have the option to select the no: of pages within this worksheet. There can be "n" no: of worksheets too which would be created when the user wants. The pages within this Worksheet would be visibly seperated by a black border line. When I try to connect between Symbols in One Page and another within a worksheet, it would be via Variables which would be dynamically created. [That means in the first page there will be a variable which the symbol would be connected to, say P1S100 and in the second page the Variable P1S100 will be connected to the Other Symbol]. How will I achieve this sort of functionality ? Any ideas on this would be of great help..! Regards, Vinod

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 10:49 PM UTC

Hi Vinod, The current version of Essential Diagram does not have support for a diagram composed of paginated sub-models that way you have outlined here. This is something that we are very interested in, and hope to provide in a future version of the product. For now, your diagram will have to be composed of a single model that is divided into virtual pages that your application keeps track of. The easiest way to go about indicating this page separation is to extend the Diagram View class''s existing page boundary drawing in a customized View class to calculate and draw boundary lines that fit your requirement. Referring to the Diagram.View.DrawPageBounds(...) method inthe Diagram.Base\Src\Object Hierarchy\View.cs file should give you an idea how to go about this. Providing a connector for linking symbols on these different ''pages'' is something that you should be able to implement using a special connector symbol type that your symbols on different pages can connect to. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you require additional clarification on any of these issues. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

DH Denny Huang November 14, 2005 02:16 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, I am using trial version of Essential Diagram currently. Could you give me the file of the Diagram.View.DrawPageBounds(...) method in the Diagram.Base\Src\Object Hierarchy\View.cs. By the way, there is no DrawPageBounds(...) method in version 3.3. I only cna find DrawMargins(). Thanks, Denny >Hi Vinod, > >The current version of Essential Diagram does not have support for a diagram composed of paginated sub-models that way you have outlined here. This is something that we are very interested in, and hope to provide in a future version of the product. > >For now, your diagram will have to be composed of a single model that is divided into virtual pages that your application keeps track of. The easiest way to go about indicating this page separation is to extend the Diagram View class''s existing page boundary drawing in a customized View class to calculate and draw boundary lines that fit your requirement. Referring to the Diagram.View.DrawPageBounds(...) method inthe Diagram.Base\Src\Object Hierarchy\View.cs file should give you an idea how to go about this. > >Providing a connector for linking symbols on these different ''pages'' is something that you should be able to implement using a special connector symbol type that your symbols on different pages can connect to. > >I hope this helps. Please let us know if you require additional clarification on any of these issues. > >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 10:09 PM UTC

Hello Denny, The Diagram.View.DrawPageBounds(...) method uses a private modifier in the 3.3.0.0 release. Starting with the 3.3.0.10 minor update of Diagram, this was changed to be a protected virtual that can be overridden by subclassing the View. You can upgrade to the 3.3.0.10 build using the download instructions provided in the following forum post - http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=35944. As for the source code for the View class, please file a support incident using our web-based Direct-Trac support system mentioning this post. Support incidents open up a direct channel between customers and support engineers, and I can send you the file right away. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon