We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

selecting grid ranges

Hi. I''m currently using grid version 3.0.1.0. What do I need to do to allow my user to select multiple rows (range) in the grid? Also, how can I capture that range in my code and use those values for various processes? thx

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 4, 2005 09:55 PM UTC

set grid.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiSelect; To go through the selected rows, see this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=261

AA Anthony Avella October 5, 2005 01:16 PM UTC

Worked great. Thx!!!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 05:37 PM UTC

This selection mode selects whole rows. Is there a way to allow users to select cells at a time (using, shift, ctrl with arrows, etc..) or whole columns at a time vs whole rows at a time? thx

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 05:41 PM UTC

Try setting: grid.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.None and then set grid.AllowSelections = GridSeelctionFlags.Any. This should allow you user to select rows, columns or cells. You can control exactly what is selectable by adjusting the flags in grid.AllowSelections.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 06:05 PM UTC

But this line of code: list = QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRows(true, false); gives me a 0 list.count, meaning I haven''t selected anything, and this loop: foreach(GridRangeInfo range in list) won''t work. Basically, I need the user to be able to select any range of cells on the grid and I need to see that range from QuoteGrid.Selections.GetSelectedRows Can we do this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 06:36 PM UTC

If you are not selecting rows, then GetSelectedRows will not return anything. You need to use another method, GetSelectedRanges. See this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=280

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 07:10 PM UTC

Awesome Thanks!!!!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon