We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Regd---Problem with Resizing.

Hi There, Actually if I copy three rows(multiline) and paste it all rows are getting resized except the first one inspite of calling "ResizeToFitRichTextCells".Kindly help in overcomming this problem. Regards, Manohar B.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2005 09:21 AM UTC

Before calling your resize, call grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(-1, -1) to see if that avoids the problem.

MA manohar October 3, 2005 11:20 AM UTC

Hi clay, Thanks,it helped in solving the problem.So you are making sure that repainting/resizing happens from the first row again,what I understood is correct I believe, if not please let me know. I have one more question for you clay,actually this is very important for my project.Let me explain problem in detail. Actually I posted this question in the forum earlier also but no solution helped me, hope you can give me the proper solution.Question goes like this...I am using griddataboundgrid,in that one cell type(column) is "Richtext".I am having 160 records,to load this form its taking 18 seconds, now I want to reduce that time.I have pin pointed out where the problem is exactly,only you need to give me the solution for that.Problem is with resizing richtextcells. Kindly have a look at the attchment which provides you peice of code which is causing problem.If possible kindly give me one refrenceid to this problem,so that further i can refer with that id to discuss this problem.I would like to hear the solution from you only clay.Pls find the attachment. Thanks in advance, Regards, Manohar B. Performance_9508.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2005 11:57 AM UTC

I do not have any other suggestions than those Stefan posted in http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=35322. The problem is that the inplace RichText cell resizing is using a hack to try to do the optimal sizing. There may be a better way to do the sizing in richtext (or there may not be), but you would have to use interop and would direct with the Win32 richtext control attack this problem. The .NET wrapper on the Win32 RTB does not exposed any optimal sizing facility that I know of. The hack that the InPlace Richetext cell uses was one way around this problem, and seems to work ok for small amounts of text. If it is too slow, and you cannot find a interop solution using the Win32 API, then either restricting the sizing to the visible cells, or trying to size the cells on emand immedaitely before they are displayed would be the only approaches i know to reduce the effect of this problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon